AI4Media Junior Fellows Exchange Program
The future of AI will be shaped by researchers who are today at an early stage of their career. The AI4Media Junior Fellows program was created to support talented women and men working on AI for Media & Society, who can contribute to increase the diversity, impact, and visibility of AI made in Europe.
AI4Media Junior Fellows Exchange Program is open for applications!
The Junior Fellows Program is a large-scale exchange program, facilitated by the AI4Media project and AIDA, aiming to enhance mobility in AI-related research, especially among young researchers. The program gives Junior Fellows the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art AI research topics, deepen their knowledge in specific areas, and add an international perspective to their education, under the supervision of experienced researchers in European universities, research centres, and industry.
What do you need to know?
An exchange involves one Junior Fellow, one Sender institution, and one Host institution.
- Junior Fellows are PhD students, MSc students, and early career postdocs anywhere in the world accepted to participate in AI4Media exchanges.
- Either the Sender or the Host institution has to be a full member of the AI4Media project. Associate Members of the AI4Media project, institutions from other ICT-48 projects or other external bodies need to find a match with an AI4Media partner (either as Host or Sender).
- The Sender should cover the Junior Fellow’s labour expenses, according to the sender’s own rates (if the Sender is an AI4Media partner, they can use their own AI4Media funds).
- The Host provides additional support according to their own rules, e.g., assistance to find housing, etc.
- The exchanges can be physical, virtual or hybrid.
- A two-page summary report is expected to be submitted at the end of the exchange.
The application procedure follows three simple steps:
STEP #1 - Create your Host or Sender profile on the AI4Media website.
STEP #2 - Search in the matchmaking section for the Host or Sender institution profile that better meets your exchange interests.
STEP #3 - Get in contact with a suitable Host or Sender institution, agree on the terms of mobility, and SUBMIT a joint application through an online form.
If your institution is interested in participating in the Junior Fellows Exchange Program, you can visit the MOBILITY page on the AI4Media website for information on participation rules and applications.