Introducing the DIGITAL Europe Programme: Apply Now!
The DIGITAL Europe Programme Call in Digital Skills is now open and will fund Bachelor and Masters programmes in digital technologies (including AI), and also interdisciplinary programmes combining traditional subjects with tech. €56 million funding is available with up to €10 million per project. An Info day will take place in October, further details to follow.
Closing Date: 24th January 2023
Funding is available for consortia of universities, research centres and business and the objective is to train more ICT specialists and empower professionals in non-ICT sectors with digital skills by increasing the offer of EU specialised courses. The total budget is €56 million and successful projects can receive up to €10 million each.
This Call aims at tackling current shortages of ICT specialists and digital professionals. The Call also aims to boost cooperation and collaboration between academic excellence, research and innovation industries, and to improve and upgrade technical equipment and interoperability among universities and provide support students who want to attend the new courses. We want the new programmes to underpin Europe's digital sovereignty which will help to attract and retain the best talents from around the world.
Scope of the Education Programmes
Programmes should focus on:
- Digital domains, such as AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Cybersecurity (see Call for full list of technologies).
- Interdisciplinary programmes, targeting the acquisition of advanced digital skills in non-ICT sectors.
- Conversion programmes for non-ICT graduates to access specialised Masters programmes in digital.
In addition, the projects must fulfil one or more of these objectives:
- Attracting qualified teaching staff and students.
- Upgrading digital solutions, equipment and infrastructure, with a special focus on interoperability of IT systems.
- Establishing structural and sustainable partnerships between the members of the consortium.
You can read the call text here: Digital Europe Programme (DIGITAL)
You can visit the Digital Skills & Jobs Platform for curated information