The Turing Presents: AI UK
In March 2021, the Turing is hosting its unique two-day online event, AI UK, to showcase the very best of UK academic work in artificial intelligence (AI); bringing together leading thinkers, innovative businesses and specialist third sector bodies.
The event will:
- connect UK academics working in AI and machine learning (ML) with research users from industry, commerce, and government to discuss, learn and meet
- facilitate new UK AI collaborations
- showcase state-of-the-art AI and ML in the UK
- offer increased awareness and ways to engage in the Turing as the national institute for data science and AI
About the event
The event will take place via an online platform designed to bring a community together. The two interactive stages will include panels and presentations from expert UK academics, policy makers, and industry leaders. There will also be roundtable discussions, hands-on ML demonstrations, and lots of opportunities to chat and interact throughout the day. We will also be holding a yoga session and showcasing a piece of performance art.
This event is for everyone operating in the UK AI community, and there will be content from technical talks to accessible panel discussions. The themes and content are structured around the national AI research challenges identified by the Turing, the role of AI post-COVID-19 and the important key themes of the UK AI Council’s Roadmap:
- Technology against climate change
- Resilience to shocks
- A new epidemic
- Doing better in data science
- Can AI fix it?
- AI for smarter science
- Bridging the skills gap
- The UK AI Roadmap