AI-Café presents: The state of Music Information Retrieval via AI
David Hoga (Head of Smart Music at Songtradr Inc.)
Music Information Retrieval (MIR) refers to the interdisciplinary field of computer science, musicology and electrical engineering that deals with the storage, retrieval, and organization of music-related data. It involves the development of techniques and algorithms for analyzing, searching, and extracting information from music signals and symbolic representations of music.
The current state of MIR is active and rapidly evolving, with ongoing research in various areas such as music transcription, music similarity and genre classification, music structure analysis, and audio-based music recommendation. Deep learning techniques have been applied to many MIR tasks with great success, and there is a growing interest in developing systems that can understand and generate music in a more human-like way.
Speaker´s Short Bio
- 2008 - 2018 B.A. Systematic Musicology and Computer Science
- 2014 - 2016 M.A. Systematic Musicology
- 2009 - 2019 Several Roles at Phononet GmbH, last role being Head of Digital Media & Business Development
- since 2019 CEO and Founder musicube GmbH
- since 2022 Head of Smart Music Songtradr Inc.