Call for Papers | AEQUITAS
AEQUITAS is organising the 1st workshop on fairness and bias in AI that is going to be held in ECAI 2023 and we are opening a call for papers, for which the deadline for submission is the 18th of June!
We encourage the submission of original contributions, investigating novel methodologies/approaches to design/implemement fair AI systems and algorithms or to tackle bias in AI.
In particular, authors can submit:
(A) Regular papers (max. 12 + references – CEUR.ws format);
(B) Short/Position/Discussion papers (max 6 pages + references - CEUR.ws format);
Information about the aim, scope, topics, rules, submission, etc: https://aequitas-aod.github.io/aequitas-ecai23.github.io
For submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aequitas2023.
For more information about ECAI: https://ecai2023.eu/acceptedworkshops
Topics of Interest include but are not limited to:
- Bias and Fairness by Design
- Fairness measures and metrics
- Counterfactual reasoning
- Metric learning
- Impossibility results
- Multi-objective strategies for fairness, explainability, privacy, class-imbalancing, rare events, etc.
- Federated learning
- Resource allocation
- Personalized interventions
- Debiasing strategies on data, algorithms, procedures
- Human-in-the-loop approaches
- Methods to Audit, Measure, and Evaluate Bias and Fairness
- Auditing methods and tools
- Benchmarks and case studies
- Standard and best practices
- Explainability, traceability, data and model lineage
- Visual analytics and HCI for understanding/auditing bias and fairness
- HCI for bias and fairness
- Software engineering approaches
- Legal perspectives on fairness and bias
- Social and critical perspectives on fairness and bias
All submitted papers will be evaluated by at least two members of the program committee, based on originality, significance, relevance and technical quality. Submissions of full research papers must be in English, in PDF format in the CEUR-WS conference format available at this link or at this link if an Overleaf template is preferred.
Submissions should be single blinded, i.e. authors names should be included in the submissions. Submissions must be made through the EasyChair conference system prior the specified deadline (all deadlines refer to GMT). Discussion papers are extended abstracts that present your favourite recent application work (published elsewhere), position, or open problems with clear and concise formulations of current challenges. At least one of the authors should register and take part at the conference to make the presentation.
* Paper submission deadline: June 18th, 2023
* Notification to authors: July 17th, 2023
* Camera-Ready submission: September 15th, 2023
Proceedings and Post Proceedings
All accepted papers will be published in CEUR-WS.
For any information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org;